Software Application Engineer / PLC Programming
Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
Posted on Tuesday, May 25, 2021
The only way to ignite change is to build the best team. At Bright Machines®, we’re innovators and experts in our craft who have joined together to create a new category of manufacturing that will help transform the industry. We believe software and data are the answer, thoughtfully applied to solve our customers’ unique challenges. Through intelligent automation, we give factories newfound flexibility, scalability, and resilience. We deliver products to meet the demands of today while building a platform to take advantage of what comes next.
Working with us means you’ll have the opportunity to make lasting, impactful changes for our company and our customers. If you’re ready to apply your exceptional skills to create the factory of the future, we’d love to speak with you.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a top-notch Software Application Engineer specializing in PLC programming to be a part of our automation team.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Software architecture & design
- Developing code
- Define Interfaces between PLC and Field Devices
- Create HW Configuration
- Define Network Topology
- Review SW requirements (HW, Network Topology, Field devices, etc)
- Integrate Motion & Robotics into PLC Solutions
- HMI Definition
- Collaboration with company IT (interfaces, security, company standards)
- Automatic Data gathering, statistics, analytics and representation through reports and dashboards
- Create and maintain related controlled documentation (logics & functional schematics, state machines, business scenarios, sequencing & timing diagrams, process flows, acceptance test procedures, technical/operational/maintenance manuals)
WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- Software Engineering or similar + Electronic + Mechatronic Engineering,
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in: Offline and Online PLC Projects development
- PLC programming experience such as AB, Siemens or Beckhoff
- Serial & Bus Communication protocols: EtherCAT and TCP/IP, Modbus, CAN Open, Profinet, Ethernet IP, Profibus.
- Technical Savvy, system oriented, great aptitude to machines, processes and controls.
- Passionate and creative, hands-on, love to code
- Loves to work in a dynamic environment
- Well organized, pays attention to details, methodical
- Capable of analyzing, de-bugging and solving complex problems
- Great communicator
- Knowledge on all robot safety concepts
- Structure Text, Object-Oriented Programming , C#, C++, Python
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD
- Minimum 5 years of experience in multi-disciplinary systems, multi software platforms and industrial automation as well as industrial equipment controls. Experience with Robot programing and Architecture, Ignition SCADA systems implementation, preferent Siemens, Allen Bradley, Festo or system based on CODESYS
- Deep experience with control schematics/ electrical diagrams
- Deep understanding in OOP programming in C#.
- Understanding on Docker and Kubernetes SW technologies.
- Proficiencies on Linux environments.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are customer obsessed
- You believe in the power of a team, diversity of thought, and unity of action
- You always act with integrity, keep your commitments, and practice transparency
- You think boldly, lead with courage, and demand the highest standards
- You drive for results and act like an owner
BE EMPOWERED TO CHANGE AN INDUSTRY
We’re looking for people who believe they can personally help modernize a global industry and want to work alongside passionate teammates who share their vision. As a global company working toward a common goal, we have a highly collaborative and inclusive approach to work, striking a balance between celebrating team success and focusing on individual growth.
We exist to transform the way things are made. Join us on the journey.
Bright Machines was named a “Technology Pioneer” by the World Economic Forum, one of “America’s Most Promising Artificial Intelligence Companies” by Forbes, and an Inc. “Best in Business” winner.