Site Automation Engineer
Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Posted on Friday, September 1, 2023
The only way to ignite change is to build the best team. At Bright Machines®, we’re innovators and experts in our craft who have joined together to create a new category of manufacturing that will help transform the industry. We believe software and data are the answer, thoughtfully applied to solve our customers’ unique challenges. Through intelligent automation, we give factories newfound flexibility, scalability, and resilience. We deliver products to meet the demands of today while building a platform to take advantage of what comes next.
Working with us means you’ll have the opportunity to make lasting, impactful changes for our company and our customers. If you’re ready to apply your exceptional skills to create the factory of the future, we’d love to speak with you.
As a Site Automation Engineer for our Software-Defined Microfactories you will have the chance to get in on the ground floor of Industry 4.0 and work in the revolutionary progression that is automated robotics.
In this role you will be working as part of our Delivery team. You will be installing and engineering our robotic automation projects at one of our largest customer sites located in Salt Lake City, UT. You will be asked to troubleshoot, maintain, and repair our Bright Robotic Cells (BRCs). After on-the-job training in various locations, you will put your technical, mechanical, and electrical skills to use every day in new and challenging situations while you interact with a wide variety of people, machines, and settings.
Our ideal candidate is someone who likes to tinker, take things apart and figure how they work. When asked if you like hardware or software, you say “yes”. You might have built robots, DIY projects with Raspberry Pi, or even a Rube Goldberg contraption. You believe robots need love too and are ready to roll up your sleeves to solve the tough issues. You want to get in on the most advanced AI and ML powered robots on the planet. If this sounds like you, let’s talk.
Due to the requirements of the role, must be a US citizen or Green Card holder.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- You will be responsible for multiple robotic assembly systems deployed to a major tech customer
- You will be interacting with customer and customer manufacturing partner about performance of our equipment
- You will be collecting customer feedback and sharing it within our organization as part of continuous improvement process and product roadmap development
- You will be the primary interface between a team of remote technical experts and those on the line which includes field service engineers and customer production leads
- Use your troubleshooting skills, live data, diagnostic tools, and customer feedback to assess hardware and software anomalies and determine corrective actions
- Maintain status reports at various levels of detail and synthesis
- Educate and train customers on device operation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair
- Provide excellent customer service, actively listen to customer concerns, and address issues
- Travel up to 10%, mostly for training
WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- 5 or more years in a customer-facing technical role
- Experience in an automation and robotics environment
- Associate's Degree (Mechanical or Electrical), Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Automation, robotics, and PLC experience
- Understanding of Recipe Debug
- Experience using Vision systems for inspection and point of interest interpolation
- Confidence around electro-mechanical systems and a zest for diagnosing new systems with complex failure modes
- Technical documentation experience (reading, creating, editing)
- Ability to repair and maintain mechanical systems
- Capable of following electrical and mechanical drawings
- Self starter with ability to work productively with minimal supervision
- Calm, collected demeanor and commitment to customer service
IT WOULE BE GREAT IF YOU HAD
- Experience in an electronics manufacturing environment or similar
- Familiarity with code, command line interfaces, and can find your way around a LAN. (Production-style coding is not required)
BE EMPOWERED TO CHANGE AN INDUSTRY
We’re looking for people who believe they can personally help modernize a global industry and want to work alongside passionate teammates who share their vision. As a global company working toward a common goal, we have a highly collaborative and inclusive approach to work, striking a balance between celebrating team success and focusing on individual growth.
We exist to transform the way things are made. Join us on the journey.
Bright Machines was named a “Technology Pioneer” by the World Economic Forum, one of “America’s Most Promising Artificial Intelligence Companies” by Forbes, and an Inc. “Best in Business” winner.