Robotics Perception Engineer
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
The only way to ignite change is to build the best team. At Bright Machines®, we’re innovators and experts in our craft who have joined together to create a new category of manufacturing that will help transform the industry. We believe software and data are the answer, thoughtfully applied to solve our customers’ unique challenges. Through intelligent automation, we give factories newfound flexibility, scalability, and resilience. We deliver products to meet the demands of today while building a platform to take advantage of what comes next.
Working with us means you’ll have the opportunity to make lasting, impactful changes for our company and our customers. If you’re ready to apply your exceptional skills to create the factory of the future, we’d love to speak with you.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Robotics Perception Engineer in the Robot Perception team at Bright Machines, you will be a hands-on contributor to the development and deployment of industrial strength robot-based automation with 3D-vision system for navigation and visual-validation on the Bright Robotic Cells.
As a member of this team, you will function as a full stack verification & validation engineer, touching every part of the software and electro-mechanical systems to help build ground-breaking technologies in the industrial automation domain. You will design, develop and maintain highly automated verification and validation pipelines, with Bright Robots in the loop, to help release features of highest quality using Agile best practices. You will have the opportunity to help the service engineering team to deploy these advanced vision-based solutions and work closely with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure successful roll-out of our products, as well as help define and influence the future product roadmap.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Verifying algorithms and functional features, and developing software automation pipelines/tools to execute tests, collect and analyze data
- Developing scenarios to test accuracy and performance of Robot Perception software using hardware and software in the loop testing environments
- Communicating with developers, mechanical and electrical engineers to proactively identify problems and gaps in test coverage and documentation
- Developing clear and concise test reports
- Designing and building custom hardware test fixtures to make validation efficient, modular and repeatable
- Qualifying each release of Robot Perception team's software for deployment to the microfactories
WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or the equivalent in experience with evidence of exceptional ability
- 1+ year of relevant experience
- Ability to understand, test, and troubleshoot complicated system interactions
- Programming language experience with Python and/or C++
- Experience with build & test automation and CI/CD tools
- Experience with metrology methods and devices
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD
- Understanding of revision control software (SVN, Gitlab, etc.)
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Strong knowledge of Windows and Linux OS
- Experience setting up and managing network hardware (routers, switches, etc.)
- Experience configuring and using cloud platform tools (AWS, GCP, etc.)
BE EMPOWERED TO CHANGE AN INDUSTRY
We’re looking for people who believe they can personally help modernize a global industry and want to work alongside passionate teammates who share their vision. As a global company working toward a common goal, we have a highly collaborative and inclusive approach to work, striking a balance between celebrating team success and focusing on individual growth.
We exist to transform the way things are made. Join us on the journey.
Bright Machines was named a “Technology Pioneer” by the World Economic Forum, one of “America’s Most Promising Artificial Intelligence Companies” by Forbes, and an Inc. “Best in Business” winner.