Research Perception Scientist, Computer Vision and Machine Learning
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
The only way to ignite change is to build the best team. At Bright Machines®, we’re innovators and experts in our craft who have joined together to create a new category of manufacturing that will help transform the industry. We believe software and data are the answer, thoughtfully applied to solve our customers’ unique challenges. Through intelligent automation, we give factories newfound flexibility, scalability, and resilience. We deliver products to meet the demands of today while building a platform to take advantage of what comes next.
Working with us means you’ll have the opportunity to make lasting, impactful changes for our company and our customers. If you’re ready to apply your exceptional skills to create the factory of the future, we’d love to speak with you.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Research Perception Scientist in the Robot Perception team at Bright Machines, you will be one of the key contributors to research new innovative algorithms up to a production software level that will launch industrial-strength advanced features for the Bright Robotic Cells.
We are seeking highly skilled, highly motivated scientists and engineers to join us. Your primary job will be to do research and develop cutting-edge solutions, technologies, and algorithms in the field of computer vision and machine learning, solving the greatest challenges in the industrial automation domain. You will design, develop, and deliver solutions using state-of-the-art algorithms, leveraging research from academia and industry. You will have the opportunity to work with several other scientists, as well as universities and attend conferences to meet other researchers. With your teammates, you will participate in brainstorming sessions where you will provide your expertise and contribute to publications and patents.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Research, develop and prototype advanced software technologies in the domain of Robotics, 3D reconstruction, Structure from Motion, calibration, large scale optimization, machine perception and deep learning
- Analyze and improve performance, accuracy, robustness of the solutions currently deployed
- Communicating with other scientists and with the company, brainstorming and contributing to publications and patents
WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- PhD in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or the equivalent in experience with evidence of exceptional ability
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Programming language experience with C/C++, and Python
- Experience with statistical analysis of data and mathematical modeling
- Experience with developing machine learning, 3D geometry, convex optimization, and physics-based simulation
- Publications at leading conferences such as CVPR, ECCV/ICCV, NeurIPS, ICLR, ICRA, IROS, SIGGRAPH
- Excellent communication
BE EMPOWERED TO CHANGE AN INDUSTRY
We’re looking for people who believe they can personally help modernize a global industry and want to work alongside passionate teammates who share their vision. As a global company working toward a common goal, we have a highly collaborative and inclusive approach to work, striking a balance between celebrating team success and focusing on individual growth.
We exist to transform the way things are made. Join us on the journey.
Bright Machines was named a “Technology Pioneer” by the World Economic Forum, one of “America’s Most Promising Artificial Intelligence Companies” by Forbes, and an Inc. “Best in Business” winner.