Senior Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, April 7, 2023
The only way to ignite change is to build the best team. At Bright Machines®, we’re innovators and experts in our craft who have joined together to create a new category of manufacturing that will help transform the industry. We believe software and data are the answer, thoughtfully applied to solve our customers’ unique challenges. Through intelligent automation, we give factories newfound flexibility, scalability, and resilience. We deliver products to meet the demands of today while building a platform to take advantage of what comes next.
Working with us means you’ll have the opportunity to make lasting, impactful changes for our company and our customers. If you’re ready to apply your exceptional skills to create the factory of the future, we’d love to speak with you.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Software Engineers at Bright Machines are responsible for defining and implementing the systems
that make Software Defined Manufacturing possible. Our robots and software will be deployed in a
variety of factory conditions as well as the cloud, and help support the manufacturing operations for some of the biggest names in the industry.
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will play an influential part in the development and deployment of
software components that help realize Bright Machines vision of Software Defined Manufacturing.
You will create scalable software systems that drive our cloud-based performance monitoring, dashboarding, and command/control systems on the factory floor, as well as on-robot operations. You will work on a team with other Software Engineers in the Bright Machines Israel office to define and implement our software stack – from robot to cloud.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a greenfield development effort that will change the way
companies build and produce products. If you’re ready to apply exceptional engineering practices
and build the software that will define the next generation in manufacturing, this is your opportunity
to “Be Bright”.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Develop and deploy software components that help realize Bright Machines vision of Software Defined Manufacturing
- Contribute best-in-class programming skills to develop reliable and scalable micro-services
- Write clean, maintainable code, and perform peer code-reviews
- Create unit, integration, and end-to-end tests to ensure we are continually shipping code to production
- Work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules
- Help define and implement standards and promote best practices for distributed software systems
- Analyze and optimize applications to maximize speed and scale
WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- 7+ years of experience (Senior Software Engineer or equivalent) designing and implementing Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) services
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- Proficiency in a variety of modern programming languages (Java, Go, Python, C#/C++) & OSS (Linux)
- Solid understanding and application of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Understanding of scaling and operational concerns for large distributed software systems
- Ability to work in a variety of compute environments (Windows, Linux, AWS)
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD
- Experience with manufacturing automation systems (SCADA, MES, PLC, real-time systems)
- Knowledge of building containerized applications for Kubernetes
- Demonstrated ability to ship code to customers
- Experience communicating with users, technical leaders and management to collect requirements, describe system designs, and set product strategy
- Knowledge and demonstrated application of software engineering best practices relating to the SDLC including coding standards, code reviews, SCM, CI/CD, testing, and operations
WHO YOU ARE
- You are customer obsessed
- You believe in the power of a team, diversity of thought, and unity of action
- You always act with integrity, keep your commitments, and practice transparency
- You think boldly, lead with courage, and demand the highest standards
- You drive for results, and act like an owner
BE EMPOWERED TO CHANGE AN INDUSTRY
We’re looking for people who believe they can personally help modernize a global industry and want to work alongside passionate teammates who share their vision. As a global company working toward a common goal, we have a highly collaborative and inclusive approach to work, striking a balance between celebrating team success and focusing on individual growth.
We exist to transform the way things are made. Join us on the journey.
Bright Machines was named a “Technology Pioneer” by the World Economic Forum, one of “America’s Most Promising Artificial Intelligence Companies” by Forbes, and an Inc. “Best in Business” winner.
See more open positions at Bright Machines
Something looks off?