Field Service Technician
What we're building
Our vision is to electrify all waterborne vessels, and we're starting with electric water sport boats.
Gas boats dominate today’s marine industry not because of great product offerings but because of a lack of better alternatives. Boaters have grown accustomed to vehicles that feel stuck in the 1980s: unreliable, expensive, loud, noxious, and a nightmare to own and operate. They’re also awful for the water and air they reside in.
By contrast, electric boats are superior in nearly every way: not only are they far more reliable and less costly to operate, but they’re also quieter, quicker, and cleaner, with no fumes or pollutants. However, they’ve been held back by both the technology and the talent to make them truly competitive with gas alternatives. That’s Arc’s opportunity.
Using modern, aerospace- and automotive-inspired techniques, we’re building our hulls, batteries, cooling systems, firmware, and software together to deliver the next generation of watercraft.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for someone that is excited by our vision, eager for a challenge, and willing to learn on the job. We pride ourselves on transparency and operate in a lean, high-trust environment that encourages everyone to take ownership over their domain.
You will be a full-time member of our Field Operations team and will work from our manufacturing facility in Los Angeles, with significant travel time as well. Given that we’re a startup, you will be working in a fast-moving, dynamic environment that requires adaptability. That said, here are some responsibilities and qualifications we expect to stay relatively constant for this role.
- Maintaining and servicing customer boats in the field as well as our fleet of internal boats
- Contributing to improving service standards, protocols, and processes
- Collaborating with engineering and production team to implement improvements on boat designs, production methods, or service processes
- Becoming an expert in assembling and disassembling all major boat systems
- Proficiency using mechanical and electric hand tools
- Willingness to travel at least 50% on average, and up to 75% during busy periods
- Extensive experience building and troubleshooting electromechanical systems such as electric motors, batteries, sensors, electronics, controls, pneumatics, etc.
- Experience interpreting engineering drawings, work instructions, electrical schematics, and product data sheets
- Ability to stand 6-10 hours per day and lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to cultivate positive relationships with all external parties while working in the field
- Ability to operate independently and make technical decisions supported by data
- Excellent written and verbal professional communication skills
- High school degree or GED certification
- Prior experience in a fast-paced manufacturing setting
- Experience with welding, composites, or interiors
- Comfortable pushing an intense but sustainable pace
- Enthusiasm for boating and clean energy
At Arc, we encourage diversity and consider all qualified applicants equally for employment, regardless of background, identity, or status. You're welcome to reach out even if you feel you don't meet these qualifications. Passion and aptitude make up for a lot.
What we value
We value these five things above all else:
- Ownership over both your work and the company’s success
- Empathy for colleagues and for customers
- Humility in problem solving and collaboration
- Pragmatism for navigating ambiguity quickly and sensibly
- Diversity of background, opinion, culture, etc.
Given that we work in a sometimes intense or stressful environment, it’s vital that our values align. We’d be happy to elaborate on any or all of these during the interview process.
What you’ll get
- Talented teammates that challenge you to be better
- Access and often input to a wide range of business activities
- An hourly wage between $30.00-$37.00
- A meaningful equity stake
- An opportunity to have an outsized impact on industry-defining vehicles
- The ability to drive positive environmental change through your work
- Nearly free health insurance (we cover 99%) and a 401k
- Generous parental leave
- Daily lunches, plenty of snacks, lots of swag, and more Boat rides!
Hope to hear from you soon!
The crew at Arc