Marketing and Communications Associate
What we’re building
Our vision is to electrify all waterborne vessels, and we're starting with electric water sport boats.
Gas boats dominate today’s marine industry not because of great product offerings but because of a lack of better alternatives. Boaters have grown accustomed to vehicles that feel stuck in the 1980s: unreliable, expensive, loud, noxious, and a nightmare to own and operate. They’re also awful for the water and air they reside in.
By contrast, electric boats are superior in nearly every way: not only are they far more reliable and less costly to operate, but they’re also quieter, quicker, and cleaner, with no fumes or pollutants. However, they’ve been held back by both the technology and the talent to make them truly competitive with gas alternatives. That’s Arc’s opportunity.
Using modern, aerospace- and automotive-inspired techniques, we’re building our hulls, batteries, cooling systems, firmware, and software together to deliver the next generation of watercraft.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for someone that is excited by our vision, eager for a challenge, and willing to wear a lot of hats. We pride ourselves on transparency and operate in a lean, high-trust environment that encourages everyone to take ownership over their domain.
Your role will encompass a wide range of responsibilities, including email marketing, press and media relations, internal and external communications, and communications strategy development. You will work directly with the Marketing Lead to coordinate and fulfill strategy across the entire marketing department including customer experience, events, partnerships, swag, media, and more. This role is perfect for a marketing professional who enjoys wearing many hats and has a passion for driving marketing initiatives from conception to execution.
- Drafting, editing, and publishing engaging monthly blogs and newsletters
- Managing email marketing campaigns, including list segmentation, content creation and distribution, A/B testing, and campaign analytics
- Building and maintaining relationships with media outlets, journalists, and influencers
- Pitching company news and stories to secure media coverage
- Monitoring and reporting on media coverage and industry trends
- Creating internal communications materials and collaborating with teams for consistent messaging
- Supporting other marketing needs, such as event planning and execution, swag, and production-related tasks
- Coordinating with external contractors, vendors, and agencies
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or a related field
- Familiarity with media outreach and public relations strategies
- Experience with email marketing tools (e.g. Mailchimp)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Familiarity with analytics tools and reporting
- Prior experience with corporate and brand partnerships
- Comfort pushing an intense but sustainable pace
- Enthusiasm for boating and clean energy
At Arc, we encourage diversity and consider all qualified applicants equally for employment, regardless of background, identity, or status. You’re always welcome to reach out even if you don’t meet many of these qualifications. Passion and aptitude make up for a lot.
What we value
We value these five things above all else:
- Ownership over both your work and the company’s success
- Empathy for colleagues and for customers
- Humility in problem solving and collaboration
- Pragmatism for navigating ambiguity quickly and sensibly
- Inclusion of different backgrounds, opinions, cultures, etc.
Given that we work in a sometimes intense or stressful environment, it’s vital that our values align. We’d be happy to elaborate on any or all of these during the interview process.
What you’ll get
- Talented teammates that challenge you to be better
- Access and often input to a wide range of business activities
- Salary between $85,000 and $145,000
- A meaningful equity stake
- An opportunity to have an outsized impact on industry-defining vehicles
- The ability to drive positive environmental change through your work
- Nearly free health insurance (we cover 99%) and a 401k
- Generous parental leave
- Daily lunches, plenty of snacks, lots of swag, and more
- Boat rides!
Hope to hear from you soon!
The crew at Arc