What we’re building
Our vision is to electrify all waterborne vessels, and we're starting with electric water sport boats.
Gas boats dominate today’s marine industry not because of great product offerings but because of a lack of better alternatives. Boaters have grown accustomed to vehicles that feel stuck in the 1980s: unreliable, expensive, loud, noxious, and a nightmare to own and operate. They’re also awful for the water and air they reside in.
By contrast, electric boats are superior in nearly every way: not only are they far more reliable and less costly to operate, but they’re also quieter, quicker, and cleaner, with no fumes or pollutants. However, they’ve been held back by both the technology and the talent to make them truly competitive with gas alternatives. That’s Arc’s opportunity.
Using modern, aerospace- and automotive-inspired techniques, we’re building our hulls, batteries, cooling systems, firmware, and software together to deliver the next generation of watercraft.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for someone that is excited by our vision, eager for a challenge, and willing to learn on the job. We pride ourselves on transparency and operate in a lean, high-trust environment that encourages everyone to take ownership over their domain.
You will be a full-time member of our People team and will work from our manufacturing facility in Los Angeles. Given that we’re a startup, you will be working in a fast-moving, dynamic environment that requires adaptability. That said, here are some responsibilities and qualifications we expect to stay relatively constant for this role.
- Developing and maintaining a positive employee experience
- Facilitating new hire orientation and onboarding
- Completing workers’ compensation and unemployment claims, and processing leaves of absence
- Responding to and routing employee inquiries in a timely manner
- Overseeing seasonal intern programs
- Maintaining employee files in our HRIS
- Performing audits of people data to ensure accuracy
- Supporting other people-related projects, as needed
- 4+ years experience in the HR related field
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail, especially for data entry
- Ability to manage projects in a fast-paced environment
- Prior experience in a human resources or administrative role
- Experience with Asana, Slack, and Google Suite
- Comfortable pushing an intense but sustainable pace
- Enthusiasm for boating and clean energy
At Arc, we encourage diversity and consider all qualified applicants equally for employment, regardless of background, identity, or status. You’re always welcome to reach out even if you don’t meet many of these qualifications. Passion and aptitude make up for a lot.
What we value
We value these five things above all else:
- Ownership over both your work and the company’s success
- Empathy for colleagues and for customers
- Humility in problem solving and collaboration
- Pragmatism for navigating ambiguity quickly and sensibly
- Inclusion of different backgrounds, opinions, cultures, etc.
Given that we work in a sometimes intense or stressful environment, it’s vital that our values align. We’d be happy to elaborate on any or all of these during the interview process.
What you’ll get
- Talented teammates that challenge you to be better
- Access and often input to a wide range of business activities
- Salary between $85,000 to $115,000
- A meaningful equity stake
- An opportunity to have an outsized impact on industry-defining vehicles
- The ability to drive positive environmental change through your work
- Nearly free health insurance (we cover 99%) and a 401k
- Generous parental leave
- Daily lunches, plenty of snacks, lots of swag, and more
- Boat rides!
Hope to hear from you soon!
The crew at Arc