What we’re building
Our vision is to electrify all waterborne vessels, and we're starting with electric water sport boats.
Gas boats dominate today’s marine industry not because of great product offerings but because of a lack of better alternatives. Boaters have grown accustomed to vehicles that feel stuck in the 1980s: unreliable, expensive, loud, noxious, and a nightmare to own and operate. They’re also awful for the water and air they reside in.
By contrast, electric boats are superior in nearly every way: not only are they far more reliable and less costly to operate, but they’re also quieter, quicker, and cleaner, with no fumes or pollutants. However, they’ve been held back by both the technology and the talent to make them truly competitive with gas alternatives. That’s Arc’s opportunity.
Using modern, aerospace- and automotive-inspired techniques, we’re building our hulls, batteries, cooling systems, firmware, and software together to deliver the next generation of watercraft.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for an Senior Accountant that is excited by our vision, eager for a challenge, and willing to learn on the job. We pride ourselves on transparency and operate in a lean, high-trust environment that encourages everyone to take ownership over their domain.
You will be a full-time member of our Finance team and will work onsite from our manufacturing facility in Los Angeles. Given that we’re a startup, you will be working in a fast-moving, dynamic environment that requires adaptability. That said, here are some responsibilities and qualifications we expect to stay relatively constant for this role.
- Accounting for individual purchases
- Maintaining and optimizing accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Working with Supply Chain to account for and reconcile inventory
- Running payroll for salaried and hourly employees as well as contractors
- Closing out and auditing monthly, quarterly, and annual financials
- Developing, documenting, and maintaining accounting systems, processes, and procedures
- Supporting data requests from investors, suppliers, and landlords
- Assisting in the implementation of new accounting software, when applicable
- Formal education or certification in finance and accounting
- 3+ years of prior experience working in an accounting role, preferably in public accounting or a general ledger accounting role
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proficiency with Excel
- Proficiency with Quickbooks
- Willingness to experiment with Google Sheets
- First-hand experience with discrete manufacturing
- Exposure to the financial operations of a publicly traded company
- Experience with start-ups
- Passion for the marine industry
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Comfortable working 50-60 hours a week
What we value
We value these five things above all else:
- Ownership over both your work and the company’s success
- Empathy for colleagues and for customers
- Humility in problem solving and collaboration
- Pragmatism for navigating ambiguity quickly and sensibly
- Diversity of background, opinion, culture, etc.
Given that we work in a sometimes intense or stressful environment, it’s vital that our values align. We’d be happy to elaborate on any or all of these during the interview process.
What you’ll get
- Talented teammates that challenge you to be better
- Access and often input to a wide range of business activities
- Salary between $95,000 - $130,000
- A meaningful equity stake
- An opportunity to have an outsized impact on industry-defining vehicles
- The ability to drive positive environmental change through your work
- Nearly free health insurance (we cover 99%) and a 401k
- Generous parental leave
- Daily lunches, plenty of snacks, lots of swag, and more
- Boat rides!
Hope to hear from you soon!
The crew at Arc